Drum Roll Please
Congratulations to my gaming, dim sum lovin’, darling friend Susan Spann for being selected as one of the belles of The Debutante Ball, a very selective blog featuring five debut authors each year. Susan’s first novel, CLAWS OF THE CAT, about a ninja detective and his Portuguese priest sidekick in 16th century Japan, releases July 2013.
A HARDY round of applause to the sweet and talented Erika Robuck, author of HEMINGWAY’S GIRL (Sept 2012) & CALL ME ZELDA (2013) just landed ANOTHER two book deal from Nal/Penguin before her first has even released. Congrats, Erika. You’re an inspiration! I can’t wait to read your novels!
Check back for interviews with both authors.
I am also fantabulously happy to announce my signing with the lovely, energetic, and talented agent Michelle Brower of Folio Literary Management. To say I’m thrilled is an understatement.
But what’s an announcement without a toast to celebrate? How about a round on me?
1 bottle of dry white wine
1 1/2 c orange Muscat, a dessert wine
1 1/2 c sliced strawberries
1 c peach liqueur
3 peaches, cut into 12 slices
1 large orange, cut crosswise
1 large lemon, cut crosswise
1/4 c strawberry syrup 3 to 4 c ice
- Mix white wine, Muscat, strawberries, peach liqueur, peaches, orange slices, lemon slices, and strawberry syrup in large pitcher, smashing citrus slices slightly.
- Let stand at room temperature at least 2 hours or chill up to 4 hours.
- Serve sangria over ice.
1 oz lemon juice
2 oz honey syrup
- Make the honey syrup by stirring together 3 parts hot water with 1 part honey until the honey is dissolved.
- Make a bigger batch if you are making multiple drinks.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine 2 ounces of the honey syrup, the gin, lemon juice, and ice cubes. Shake well.
- Strain into a cocktail glass and serve.
Recipes from: MakingMacy.blogspot.com & Brooklyngalley.com