This has to be about the coolest freakin’ thing I’ve ever seen! Participants dress in white finery, pack un pique-nique stuffed with foodie delights and wine, and dine at a TOP SECRET location each year. Invitees don’t discover where the event is held until afternoon on the scheduled day. They share their goodies, listen to bands, and mingle until midnight. This year, over 15,000 foodies showed! It’s an annual celebration and this year marks the 25th birthday.
The popularity of Diner en Blanc has spread to other countries in Europe, England, as well as the U.S. and Canada. (Though, I’ve never seen this mentioned in American press, have you?). But—this does not surprise me at all—Paris is the grandest, most spectacular event each year. Bien sûr!
- To be a guest, you must have attended the previous year OR be invited by a participant of the current year
- Arrive by public transport
- Pack your own food, wine, and wares, in addition to folding chairs.
- Men and women sit on opposite sides of the table
- No one at the table may sit and begin until your entire row is set up
- If you fail to attend for some reason, you won’t be invited back
- Clean up your garbage
Someone please invite me!! I’m just dying to attend this! Hoppers from Beth Fish’s #Weekend Cooking, are you with me on this? Is there an amazing foodie event you’ve attended? Please share!
***All photos are found at: MessyNessyChic.com or DailyMail.co.uk