As promised, I’m back with round two of delicious holiday party pleasers. It’s practically impossible to serve ANY of these dishes without being asked for the recipe. I’m dying of boredom in my kitchen at the moment and would LOVE some of your own favorites. Share some with me! Stay tuned for my post-holiday health fest.
2 14 oz cans of artichoke hearts 1 c mozzarella, shredded
1 c parmesan, shredded 1/2 c mayo 2 ts Dijon mustard
8 oz cream cheese at room temp
- Crudely chop artichokes.
- In a small bowl, cream softened cream cheese then stir in the mayo & mustard.
- Stir in both cheeses and the artichokes.
- Bake for 1 hour at 300 degrees or until bubbly and golden on top.
- Serve hot with crackers or sliced & toasted French bread.
GOAT CHEESE & OLIVE CROSTINI
1 cup assorted green olives, chopped fine 1/2 c walnuts, toasted
4 oz goat cheese 1/8 c olive oil salt & pepper to taste
2 cloves of minced garlic 1 loaf of crusty French bread 1 ts red wine vinegar
- Mix olives, garlic, olive oil, vinegar & walnuts.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Toast walnuts for 4-6 minutes or until golden. Watch them like a hawk! They burn easily.
- Slice French bread into slices about 1 inch thick and toast.
- Spread goat cheese on each slice of bread & top with the olive mixture. Yummmm
ROASTED VEGGIE LASAGNE
1 onion, chopped 1 clove garlic, minced 1/4 c mushrooms, diced 1 tab olive oil
1 jalapeño, finely chopped 1/2 c diced tomatoes 1/4 c kalamata olives
1/4 ts oregano 1/4 ts basil 1/4 ts paprika 2 c tomato sauce
- Sauté the onion in olive oil for 4 min, then add the garlic & jalapeño. Cook for 3 minutes more.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and cook for 6-8 minutes longer, until the mushrooms are no longer hard.
- Turn off the heat & set aside the sauce while preparing the rest.
2 med potatoes, sliced into medallions 2 med eggplants 2 med zucchini
2 med yellow squash 1/2 lb swiss cheese, grated 1/2 lb mozzarella, grated
1/2 lb provologne, grated 1/2 lb feta 4 tab olive oil
- Slice all the squash & egglplant vertically into 1 inch strips, brush them with 3 tab of the olive oil and grill them lightly on each side until slightly charred, about 5 min per side.
- Sauté the potato medallions in the remaining 1 tab of olive oil for about 5 min, or until slightly softened.
- In a 9×13 inch pan, put the potatoes on the bottom of the pan as the first layer, followed by a little sauce.
- Layer squash, sauce, cheese.
- Layer eggplant, sauce, cheese.
- Repeat step 4, then 5. **Be sure that eggplant is the top layer of vegetables
- Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees. Uncover and bake 10 minutes more until the cheese on top is bubbly.
6 large potatoes, peeled & quartered 1/2 c olive oil
1/2 c freshly squeezed lemon juice 1/2 ts pepper 3 tab yellow mustard
1 tab salt 1/2 ts oregano
- Place potatoes in a 9×13 in pan.
- Mix all ingredients in a jar and shake vigorously until mixed.
- Pour sauce over the potatoes, then add just enough water to cover the potatoes by 4 inches.
- Cover them with foil and bake for one hour at 425 degrees. Uncover them and cook for 30-45 minutes longer, until crispy.
PORK MEDALLIONS with CAMEMBERT CREAM
1 lb pork tenderloin 1 tab butter 3 tab white wine
3/4 c creme fraiche or heavy cream 1 tab fresh thyme and sage, chopped
4 oz or 1/2 Camembert cheese wheel, rind removed 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
fresh black pepper to taste
- Slice the pork crosswise into small steaks about 3/4 in thick and pound them flat with a rolling pin until 1/2 in thick. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan then add the pork, cooking for 5 minutes and only turning them once.
- Transfer to a warm dish & cover to keep them warm.
- Add the wine to the meat pan with drippings and boil.
- Stir in the cream and herbs, bringing back to a boil.
- Add the cheese and mustard until melted. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper as needed.
- Place meat on four plates and spoon the sauce over the meat. PIG OUT!
CRANBERRY DATE BARS
12 oz package of fresh cranberries 8 oz chopped dates 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 c rolled oats 1 c butter, melted 1 1/2 c brown sugar 2 c flour
2 c powdered sugar 3 tab orange juice 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Over medium heat, cook cranberries, dates, & one tsp of the vanilla in a saucepan for 15 min, until cranberries are starting to pop and are gooey.
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, & oats together. Stir in the melted butter.
- Pat half of the oat mixture into a greased 9×13 inch pan and bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Pour the cranberry mixture on top of the baked oats, spreading it fairly evenly.
- Pat the remaining uncooked oat mixture on top & bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Cool almost completely.
- Mix powdered sugar, orange juice, and remaining 1/2 tsp of vanilla. Drizzle over mostly cooled cranberry bars & serve.
4 oz unsweetened chocolate baking bar, chopped 1 c butter 3 large eggs
2 c sugar 1 tsp pure vanilla extract 1 tsp peppermint extract
1 c all-purpose flour 1 12 oz bag of York Peppermint Patties™, unwrapped
4 small candy canes, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray and dust with flour, tapping out any excess.
In the top of a double boiler or heatproof bowl, melt the baking chocolate and butter over simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat the eggs, sugar, vanilla, & peppermint extract until combined.
- Beat in the cooled chocolate mixture.
- Gently stir in the flour. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for about 40-45 minutes, or until a tester inserted into the brownies comes out clean. DO NOT OVERCOOK. They’ll be hard.
- Arrange the mint patties on top in one layer and return the brownies to the oven until they are just melted, about 1 minute.
- Evenly spread the chocolate with a spatula and sprinkle with the crushed candy canes. Cool completely before cutting into 2-inch squares.