I couldn’t resist writing about this topic. I mean, who on the planet Earth does NOT love OUTLANDER and the indomitable, saliva-worthy Jamie Fraser? Lord help the poor bastard who miscasts the actors or fumbles the plot. The wrath of millions will come down upon them. So what’s so great about Jamie in OUTLANDER anyway?
MEN WANT TO BE HIM
Jamie is everything a man wishes he had–
1. a striking physique, but not in the usual way
3. a way with a sword, stick, horse, and best of all, his hands (a.k.a. he’s a badass warrior)
4. a sense of humor
Okay maybe men don’t want to be him during the whipping or prison horrors, but he has the best asset of all–
EVERY WOMAN WANTS HIM
And that’s because he’s–
1. strong but sensitive
2. deliciously masculine and brawny, tall and virile
4. a sex god…or at least learns to be
6. a family man to the death
Which leads us to my next question.
Who in tarnation will have the chutzpah to fill Jamie’s shoes on screen? I’m envisioning Chris Hemsworth with died red hair or a complete unknown scotsman.
Anyone have a better idea? Post your pictures or links and we’ll vote!
By the way, if you’re one of the few people left in the Milky Way Galaxy who hasn’t read this novel or the series, you’re missing out. BIG TIME. I haven’t met a woman OR man who doesn’t adore it, laugh at it, and cry with it.
1. @EddieLouise says cutie pie Andrew Rothney may be a better fit: