I just love a good contest. How fun it is to interact with other writers and possibly gain A.) more friendships, B.) writerly advice, & C.) PRIZES! So it’s high time I ran another! Trust me, you don’t want to miss it.
Create your best THREE line pitch for your novel (does not have to be a completed ms), give and receive feedback from other entrants, and submit your pitch for a chance to win!
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE
1. Writers in need of help with their pitches
2. Writers who could use honest feedback & line edits on their pages
3. Writers in need of a website or blog make-over
4. All unpublished or published writers
HOW TO SIGN UP
1. Leave a simple comment on this post and be sure to include your website link. If you don’t have a site of your own yet, you may still enter by including your pitch in the comments. You may also sign up via Facebook or simply send me your info via Twitter.
2. I will keep a running list of participants at the bottom of this post with your links as you sign-up. This makes for easy hopping to and from others’ sites.
1. Sign-up from April 9th-April 18th.
2. On Wednesday, April 18th, post your pitch to your blog/website.
3. Hop from blog to blog on April 18th & 19th and give other participants feedback on their pitches.
4. Submit your final pitch by emailing it to HeatherWebb (dot) writes (at) gmail (dot) com. The subject heading should read: PITCH CONTEST. Paste your pitch in the body of your email and send by MIDNIGHT on Saturday, April 21st. Winners will be announced sometime the following week.
1. Please share the contest on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, etc. I won’t be tracking you, but I’d really appreciate it!
2. Be kind, but honest with your feedback. We could all use constructive criticism, but there’s no reason to be rude. Please respect each other.
3. In the unlikely event there are fewer than 10 participants, the free website will not be included as a prize, so SPREAD THE WORD!
First Place: A critique of your manuscript up to 2,000 words from editor extraordinaire (yours truly), as well as a FREE WRITER’S WEBSITE/BLOG from professional web designer and developer, Brian Mowell. YES, this is a FREE setup of your author website or blog! INCREDIBLE PRIZE! Already have a site? No problem. Have your existing site revamped for FREE!
Second Place: A critique of your manuscript up to 1,500 words.
Third Place: A critique of your manuscript up to 1,000 words.
Those without links do not have a site. Please check for their pitches in the comments of this post.
3. Hasmukh Amathalal Mehta 13. Bernadette Phipps Lincke (see comments)
5. Kerri Reiner 15. Peggy Strack
6. Nancy Elizabeth DeFreitas
7. Janet Taylor
10. Celia Stander