ARUGULA SALAD WITH PEAS, PISTACIOS, & ASIAGO
2 Tab fresh lemon juice 1/4 c olive oil
5 oz Arugula 1 c frozen peas, thawed
1/2 c pistachios, roasted & chopped 1 c asiago, aged & shaved
1 Tab mint, chopped 1 Tab parsley, chopped salt & pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk lemon & oil. Season with salt & pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine arugula, mint, parsley & peas.
- Toss salad with the dressing. Sprinkle pistachios and cheese on top. Serve.
GREEK SALAD WITH GRILLED GARLIC SHRIMP
1 lb shrimp, thawed, peeled, & deveined 2 cloves garlic, minced 1/2 ts lemon zest, finely grated
- Marinate shrimp in garlic & lemon juice for 30 minutes.
- Thread onto skewers leaving a 1/4 in between each piece.
- Place directly on greased grill rack over medium heat.
- Cover grill and allow to cook 3-4 minutes on each side.
7 oz mixed salad greens 2 oz feta cheese 1/4 c quartered artichoke hearts
2 tomatoes handful kalamata olives, pitted 1/8 c red onion, diced
1 cucumber, peeled & chopped 5 pepperoncini peppers, diced (optional)
- Toss all ingredients in a large bowl with Greek dressing (recipe follows).
- Spoon salad into 4 bowls. Place shrimp on top.
3 Tab olive oil 1 Tab red wine vinegar 1 Tab lemon juice
1 Tab fresh mint, chopped 1 Tab fresh oregano, chopped salt & pepper
- In a screw top jar shake all ingredients well. Add to salad.