I would love to know the toils writers face during the process of developing their works and beyond. Please! Enlighten me with your methods, inspirations, and disasters. The creative process, nightmarish stress, and incredible self-doubt threaten to consume all creative types. So for the sake of camaraderie among writers and writer wannabes, divulge your secrets. Help us feel united under one driving need to spill our guts out on a page, to divulge our darkest secret emotions, to create the most outrageous characters. Feel free to answer as many or as few questions as you like & be honest!
1. Tell me about your current book in a few sentences.
2. What qualities do you need to be a successful writer?
3. What is your working method?
4. What is the single biggest mistake made by beginners to writing?
5. How did you come to write this particular book?
6. If you have a favourite character in your novel, why that particular one?
7. How can people buy your book(s)?
8. What strategies are you using to promote yourself?
9. How much revision of your MS do you do before you send it off?
10. Where and when is your novel set and why did you make these specific choices?
11. What are your writing habits?
12. What do you do to combat writer’s block?
13. Is presentation of the MS as important as most agents and publishers suggest?
14. How long does it normally take you to write a novel?
15. Where do you find inspiration?
16. Do you think writing is a natural gift or an acquired skill?
17. Do you have a website or a blog that readers can visit?
18. Given unlimited resources, what would be your ideal writing environment?
19. What is your biggest writing disaster EVER?